<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Max Took A Bath

Cats are such elegant creatures.

The shoulder/arm is better but I'm still trying to stay off of it as much as possible.  This stinks.  (I don't do rest very well.)


Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Sweater and A Break

Il grande favorito 
I've finished the body of my Il Grande Favorito.  I'm ready to begin the sleeves and then all it will need is a neck band.  Neither should take very long, but I'm having a little problem.  I think I've overworked my right arm so I need to take a break.  Unfortunately, I'm noticing pain with knitting, crochet, hand sewing, messing around on my iPad, and basically most things I do  (I can still do laundry and vacuum up the dog hair).  This means I need to let it rest, but that means no blog fodder.  The blog will be put on pause until I can get back to doing the things I love and actually have things to share again.  In the meantime, I'll be icing it and trying to behave myself.

Hopefully I'll be back soon!


Monday, April 16, 2018

Wiksten Tank #8

Wiksten tank 
It's been a few years since I made a Wiksten Tank, but I just ordered some lemon fabric, so it was time for a new one!  The fabric is from the new Mediterraneo collection from Art Gallery Fabrics and as soon as I saw it, I got enough of the lemon print in the rayon for this tank and some in the knit for a dress (I haven't sewn that yet).  I might go back and get some in the quilting cotton for pajama pants - I love this print!

I wear my Wiksten Tanks year round.  Even in the winter they're great for layering with cardigans, so eight of the same top isn't really excessive.  Six of them are in Liberty's Tana Lawn, one of them is a heavier weight Tencel and this one is a lightweight rayon challis.  Now I have to go pick a cardigan to go with it today because it's too cold to wear on its own.  I had to dig out the fuzzy running tights again for this morning's run.  Where are you Spring?


Friday, April 13, 2018

Happy Dragons Wrap Their Tails Around Themselves

Or your socks.
Smaug socks
I'm through the heel flap and heel turn (it's underneath the rest of the sock in these photos), and I've started the foot.  You can see the "tail" starting to wrap around the foot now.  The sock is designed so the gusset decreases are worked into the tail cable to start it wrapping around the foot.  It's genius really.
Smaug socks
Here's a detail of the tail cable.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I hope your dragons are happy!


Wednesday, April 11, 2018

A Heel Flap is Born

Smaug sock 
I've finished the leg of my first Smaug sock and started the heel flap.  I'm really loving this yarn.  This is the first time I've used Sweet Georgia's Tough Love Sock, but it's very nice.  I also like the color and I think it will work with my Aniversario pullover (although with as many colors as Aniversario has in it, everything should work with my Aniversario pullover).  Just in case it doesn't, I do have a skein of Malabrigo sock in Aniversario that I plan to make socks with.  But right now, I'm enjoying the single hued tones of Lollipop!


Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Magical Pullover of Awesomeness

Do you remember when I finished the Ramble shawl and I mentioned that there would be more projects in the Aniversario colorway coming along this year?  I wasn't kidding.  Last year I knit a hat in Aniversario in the Mecha base and I fell in love with the way it looked.  I've always loved the way hand dyed colors look on singles yarns, but since Mecha is a bulky weight yarn, the stitches are nice and big and really show off the colors in Aniversario beautifully.  I did some thinking, because bulky weight and Texas don't necessarily mix, but I decided to just go for it!
Il grande favorito
I started the Il Grande Favorito pullover over the weekend.  I'm already past the separation of sleeve stitches from the body, and this thing is just flying!  I am alternating skeins and before I began, I sorted the skeins somewhat so they would work together colorwise.  Some of the skeins have more yellow in them than others - those will be towards the hem of the sweater, away from my face!
Il grande favorito
Here's a close up - check out those colors!  Also, huge needles!


Monday, April 09, 2018


After finishing my Ramble shawl, I had about 50 yards left of Aniversario so I decided to make another Palpitation heart.  I was able to get two hearts out of it (a small and a medium size) and I had enough yarn left to make a lucet cord to connect them.
Naturally, I hung them on my tote that's holding my new sweater project (not off to a great start with sweaters this year, but hopefully the third time's a charm), knit in Aniversario - of course.
I'll show you the sweater tomorrow!

Labels: ,